I Love Pinoy invites you to come and join us for a FREE yoga session! Give a relief and be relieved!
“If you send out goodness from yourself, or if you share that which is happy or good within you, it will all come back to you multiplied ten thousand times. In the kingdom of love there is no competition; there is no possessiveness or control. The more love you give away, the more love you will have.”
“As you have planted, so will you harvest; such is the field of karma.”
Facebook event page link: A Bagful of Sunshine for Flood-stricken Rizaleños
Four municipalties in the province –Angono, Cainta, Rodriguez (Montalban) and San Mateo, are now under a state of calamity.
According to the Rizal Public Information Office, as of August 9, 2012, there are:
199 evacuation centers
23,746 affected families
112,282 affected individuals
*** WHAT TO DONATE ***
Fill up a clean, sturdy bag (new or used eco bags, bayong, backpacks) with the following items:
• 2 kilos of rice
• 2 liters of drinking water
• 5 canned goods
• 5 packs instant noodles
• 1 pack (of 10’s) crackers/biscuits
• 10 sachets 3-in-1 coffee
Medicine kit – please put the following meds in a small envelope or used small plastic containers before placing them inside the bag:
• 5 tablets paracetamol
• 5 tablets carbocisteine or ambroxol
• 5 sachets oral rehydration salt
• 5 tablets ibuprofen or mefenamic acid
• 5 tablets loperamide
• 1 anti-fungal cream
Hygiene kit – please use the shirts to wrap the other items:
• 2 t-shirts (new/used; for adults/kids)
• 250 ml rubbing alcohol
• 1 medium-sized bath soap
• 1 pack (of 8’s) sanitary napkins
*** WHERE TO BRING YOUR DONATIONS ***
• For those who are in the MANILA- SANTOL, QC-SAN JUAN AREA:
You can meet up with Tin Ocenar or bring the bags to her residence in Santol, QC.
Contact Tin at 0927-707-0067 for pick-up arrangements or directions to her residence.
• For those who are in the CUBAO-PASIG CITY-RIZAL AREA:
You can meet up with Zai Aldave or bring the bags to her residence in Taytay, Rizal.
Contact Zai at 0906-335-3711 or 0908-351-5604 for pick-up arrangements or directions to her residence.
• I Love Pinoy RELIEF DROP-OFF CENTER at the UP Diliman Sunken Garden on AUGUST 20, 2012 (Monday), from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
*** SOME HELPFUL REMINDERS ***
♥ You don’t have to shoulder the expenses alone, you can gather your friends and family to fill up a bag or two. Small-scale bayanihan and quality time spent together. 😉
♥ Let’s double-check the expiration of the goods we’re packing.
♥ Let’s check the quality of the clothes -they should be clean and ready to wear.
♥ Let’s avoid the use of plastic bags as much as possible.
♥ We highly encourage you to send us donations in kind. However, for those who would like to donate cash, we can only accept donations via GCASH. Just visit your nearest Globe Business Center and fill out the form with the following information:
Account Number: 0927-7070067
Account Name: Cristine Ocenar
♥ Details regarding the relief distribution will be announced soon.
♥ The deadline for the collection of donations is on August 20, 2012.
*** CONTACT INFORMATION ***
Cristine “TIN” Ocenar
I Love Pinoy Founding Director
I Love Pinoy Secretary
Maria Leah Czarina “ZAI” Aldave
I Love Pinoy Head Coordinator
- Task Force Children of the Storm: Urgent Appeal for Flash Flood Victims (juanalily.wordpress.com)
- Habagat Damage in Rizal Province (Rizal News Online)
- Thousands flee homes in Rizal due to floods, rising Marikina river (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- No respite from rain, floods in Philippines (edition.cnn.com)